In skin tightening and body contouring aesthetic treatments, RF waves are directed beyond the first layer of skin to the deep dermis and sub-dermal layers without impacting the epidermis. Different RF devices use different numbers and configurations of electrodes and varying electromagnetic fields to deliver RF waves below the skin’s surface and achieve their effects. The number of electrodes and their arrangement contributes to how the device reaches and maintains energy temperature and what patients experience during treatment. Monopolar arrangements, for instance, feature one electrode and require a return pad for the energy, which can cause heat spikes and inconsistent energy delivery.
CANDIDATES FOR RADIO FREQUENCY TREATMENT
Radio frequency treatments are ideal for any patient with lines, wrinkles or crepey skin on the face who is looking to restore a firmer, more youthful appearance. Treatments are safe for all skin tones.
These treatments can be used to treat problem areas of skin on the face, including crow’s feet, smile lines, laugh lines and any other unwanted wrinkles. With realistic expectations, most patients are highly satisfied with their results. It is often recommended for patients who want to improve their appearance but do not want to undergo surgery, or do not have time for the lengthy recovery periods often associated with surgical procedures.
Your medical professional will determine whether you can benefit from RF procedures after evaluating the condition of your skin and discussing your goals for treatment.
5 BENEFITS OF USING RADIO FREQUENCY TREATMENTS
When once the only recourse was to go under the knife to halt the advent of aging skin symptoms the battle against sagging skin has been given a boost with the availability of Radio frequency treatments. This treatment has increasingly become the most preferred method over invasive and risky plastic surgery for men and women looking to tighten facial and body skin. Using radio frequency waves, this skin-enhancing treatment works deep within the skin layers to compress underlying tissue, realign and stimulate the production of new collagen with the result that skin looks youthful, tighter and more radiant.
- Skin tightening – Part of the natural aging process is the development of skin wrinkles and lines. Radio frequency treatments improve these skin quality issues by working on sculpting soft tissues located deep within the layers of skin. Healing is stimulated by the collagen tissues responsiveness to the RF waves.
- Reduces cellulite – Any treatment that can effectively reduce cellulite is a great gift to women. The heat produced by the RF treatment eliminates excess fatty tissues commonly found at the back of thighs and in the buttocks area.
- Decreases percentage of body fats – The ability of RF treatments to reduce body fat is on par with the results provided through surgical means. Through heat generated, the body fats begin to melt and drain into the body for effective removal.
- Smooths the effects of liposuction procedures – Not everyone who undergoes a liposuction treatment ends up with well-toned smooth skin. Radio frequency treatments can address issues such as noticeable bumps as a result of having body fats surgically removed.
- Body contouring – Radio frequency treatments involve technology that can shape the contours of the body by concentrating on the structures found below the skin’s surface. Skin re-contouring through RF is especially beneficial to those individuals who have experienced a substantial amount of weight loss and want similar improvements made to the facial area.